Grossmann & Berger (G&B) is moving beyond its Hamburg base to become a nation-wide real estate consultancy. Expansion plans relate to both commercial and residential properties. Therefore, the company is firmly committed to pursuing the course of growth it embarked upon over ten years ago. G&B has outlined plans for the future in its “Strategy 2030” paper.
- Over the coming years the group of companies will expand the portfolio of services offered at all its bases – Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Munich – and realize the market potential in these regions.
- G&B is examining the option of opening more regional offices. In choosing sites, consideration would be given to the commercial real estate network German Property Partners (GPP), which G&B co-founded in 2013 and is active in Germany’s top 7 cities.
- By setting up several new shops G&B is strengthening its position in the Hamburg region and filling in the “blank spots” on its marketing map.
- In regions where it has no physical presence, G&B will operate through a nation- and group-wide digital marketing platform.
- G&B will continue to expand its payroll, which has already grown to 250 employees. This year alone, the company seeks to fill more than 20 new positions in Germany.
“Following the success of the 2021 acquisition of a majority shareholding in the E & G companies in Stuttgart and Munich, Grossmann & Berger is now ready for the next big step on the German stage. The HASPA Group fully supports this course,” says Frank Brockmann, chairman of the supervisory board of G&B. “Detailed regional expertise and comprehensive skills in the real estate business have combined to give Grossmann & Berger its current standing on the market. These assets will continue to be the company’s hallmark and determine its future growth.”
A restructuring of the management board which started last year is an adjunct to these far-reaching plans; a new appointment now completes this process:
Starting on 1st April Frank-D. Albers MRICS (54) will take over from Sandra Ludwig (42) as managing director and will assume responsibility for the investment business in northern Germany (Hamburg and Berlin).
Frank-D. Albers is an expert with more than twenty years’ experience in the real estate investment field. In the course of his career Albers, a fully qualified lawyer and holder of a certificate in real estate economics (ebs), has worked in a variety of managerial roles. As managing director for an international broker he established their Hamburg office and built the investment business.
Since 2021 Sandra Ludwig has been responsible for the commercial real estate and buy-to-let residential property investment sectors at Grossmann & Berger. She is leaving the company for personal reasons.
The spokesperson for the G&B management board, Andreas Rehberg, says, “Frank Albers is well respected on the investment market. We are therefore delighted to have him on board as we pursue our expansion plans. He picks up the baton from Sandra Ludwig, whom we sincerely thank for her hard work and dedication.”